ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING ENJOY PODIUM FINISH AT ROUND TWO OF SUPERENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Colton Haaker maintains his top three position in the 2019 FIM SuperEnduro World Championship following a third-place overall result at the second stop of the series in Riesa, Germany. Despite an eventful night of racing, Haaker managed to finish top three in each of the night’s three races, while also setting the fastest time in the SuperPole hot lap.
However, becoming involved in a start crash in race one, which included teammate Alfredo Gomez, the incident played on Haaker’s mind and resulted in some uncharacteristic mistakes from the two-time world champion. Numerous errors during each of the three motos saw him forced to play catch up. Third in race one, he then improved to secure a pair of second place finishes, but ultimately missed the overall runner-up result by just one point.
Colton Haaker: “It’s been a strange night for me in Riesa and one where I felt things just didn’t go my way. It wasn’t that I was riding bad, it just wasn’t coming together for me throughout the night. There were a couple of sections on the track that I wasn’t strong enough in and no matter how I changed things up, it didn’t click. I had position in race three but didn’t manage to push for the race win. Overall, despite feeling things could have been better, a 3-2-2 scorecard, plus the SuperPole, is still a good night. We’ve Madrid in two weeks and it’s a venue where I won my first world title so I’m looking forward to returning there and improving on where I’m at. Finally, I want to pass on my best wishes to Alfredo Gomez following his crash tonight. It’s tough to see anyone go down but when it’s your teammate, it makes it that bit worse. I hope to see him back on track as soon as possible.”
Results – FIM SuperEnduro World Championship, Round 2
Prestige Class — Overall
1. Cody Webb (KTM) 57 points; 2. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 53 pts; 3. Colton Haaker (Husqvarna) 52 pts; 4. Cristobal Guerrero (Yamaha) 35 pts; 5. Pol Tarres (Husqvarna) 33 pts
Prestige Race 1
1. Cody Webb (KTM) 10 laps, 6:46.552; 2. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 6:50.994; 3. Colton Haaker (Husqvarna) 7:23.168; 4. Kevin Gallas (Husqvarna) 9 laps, 7:05.780; 5. Cristobal Guerrero (Yamaha) 9 laps, 7:10.590…
Prestige Race 2
1. Cody Webb (KTM) 10 laps, 6:50.910; 2. Colton Haaker (Husqvarna) 7:10.051; 3. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 7:13.609; 4. Cristobal Guerrero (Yamaha), 9 laps, 6:51.752; 5. Pol Tarres (Husqvarna) 9 laps, 7:13.480…
Prestige Race 3
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 12 laps, 7:35.335; 2. Colton Haaker (Husqvarna) 7:58.051; 3. Cody Webb (KTM) 8:04.231; 4. Pol Tarres (Husqvarna) 11 laps, 8:22.017; 5. Cristobal Guerrero (Yamaha) 10 laps, 7:39.342…
Championship Standings (After round 2)
1. Cody Webb (KTM) 109 points; 2. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 107 pts; 3. Colton Haaker (Husqvarna) 101 pts; 4. Kevin Gallas (Husqvarna) 58 pts; 5. Pol Tarres (Husqvarna) 56 pts; 6. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 46 pts…