Sunday, September 9, marked the grand finale that kicked off at exactly 1:11 pm. The mass start of 500 riders constitutes one of the most spectacular moments of the race. First, the competitors had to complete a fast motocross track, leaving massive dust clouds in the air behind them. Then, they had to conquer a technical section full of obstacles – such as rocks, wooden beams and tires. However, the place that truly turned the standings upside down was the vast excavation pit. There the riders had to face the toughest hill climbs that posed a great challenge even to the world’s top enduro racers.
The competition was fierce and went down to the wire. When Wade Young (RSA) crossed the finish line, behind his back, Billy Bolt (GBR) did his best to take the second step on the podium away from Taddy Blazusiak (POL). Bolt got stuck in a hole right before the finish line, and Taddy managed to defend his second position.
Overall result – RB111 Megawatt (POL)
1. Wade Young (Sherco – RSA) 2:10:52.04;
2. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM – POL) 2:13:01.82;
3. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna – GB) 2:13:08.63;
4. Manuel Lettenbichler (KTM – GER) 2:14:15.07;
5. Nathan Watson (KTM – GB) 2:15:34.21;
6. Josep Garcia (KTM – ESP) 2:17:54.59;
7. Blake Gutzeit (Yamaha – RSA) 2:19:07.06;
8. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna – GB) 2:19.37.07;
9. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna – ESP) 2:20:45.11;
10. Paul Bolton (KTM – GB) 2:22:24.86
Follow us on Facebook
Next Upcoming Events